Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thanksgiving Post #3: Thankful Thursday


I’m thankful for the simple things in life, like food, fun, and freedom. I'm often happiest when I'm sitting outside watching the sun set over the cane field or reading a good book. Today, I'm just grateful it’s Thursday. Here are my top three reasons:

Reason #1: Today is Thanksgiving Dinner in the school cafeteria, and I’ve been looking forward to it all week. Maybe that seems silly to you, but this is Louisiana, and our school cafeteria makes the best Thanksgiving dinner, complete with rice dressing and sweet potatoes, which are some of my favorite things.

Reason #2: Thursday means Vampire Diaries. I don’t watch much tv, and I never would have fallen in love with this show if not for my friend Leslie. She practically bullied me into watching it a couple of summers ago by inviting me over and cooking me yummy food, which guarantees I will stay a while. She had DVR’d them, and we watched all the episodes. I was hooked. So I’m grateful for Leslie too, for introducing me to Damon. (And aren't you grateful I posted that pic?)

Reason #3: Thursday means I only have one more day until I'm off for an entire week for Thanksgiving vacation. And I need a vacation. I love my job, not only because I get to teach great kids, but because it ensures I will truly appreciate holidays and days off.

Sometimes it’s the little things.

3 comments:

  1. Happy vacation! My hubby and I went to New Orleans once-LOVED it. I've never had rice stuffing, but I can now say I've enjoyed po'boys, etouffee (sp?), beignets, pralines and a few other yummy things. And for that I am thankful. I'm also thankful for other things-come visit my blog and say "hi" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Thanksgiving lunch at school! I had to go to two. No complaining. The mash potatoes were awesome! Have fun on your week off! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'day fellow Thanksgiving hopper, and you bet I'm glad you posted that pic! Had a look around your blog and saw the one with you signing your book contract - congratulations! Have a nice holiday, too.
    Kat :)
    beyondthehourglassbridge.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete