Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Gif-tastic look at the Writing Process

1.  Oh look, a bright, shiny new idea!  This is probably my best idea ever; I can’t wait to start!




2.  Wow, the writing is going well.  This one is it!




3.  Hmm, not sure where this is going.  I love the characters, but where did I put the plot?




4.  This is horrible.  I hate everything about this.  I’ll just keep plugging away and fix it later.




5.  Later – this is the vilest piece of crap ever saved in a Word document.  It’s a horrible idea, and the writing is putrid.




6.  Ooh, an idea to fix the idea.  Scribble.  Scribble. Scribble.




7.  Nope, that didn’t work either.




8.  Fetal position.




9.  Rewrite the entire thing.




10.  Curse the Muse.




11. Rewrite the rewrites.




12. Kiss the Muse.




13. Drink.











I've never made gifs before, obviously, and it look me three times as long as it would have if I had just written this out. :)






1 comment:

  1. You made those!? Clearly I have no idea how the gif making process works... I thought there was some place where they had an infinite supply and people just stole them from there : )

    I came over to get some inspiration before working on my WIP revisions... I think I'm in stage 9 right now ... bracing for stage 10... ha

    ReplyDelete